BOONE, N.C. – Appalachian State University Women's Basketball returns to the Holmes Center for its second home game of the season against Gardner-Webb at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at the Holmes Center.
The Mountaineers, who are currently 1-1, look to grab their second victory at home against the Runnin' Bulldogs, who fell last week to SoCon rival UNC-Greensboro. This matchup will mark the sixth meeting between the two schools. Appalachian State is 2-3 all-time against GWU, and won their last meeting, 69-41 in 2011-12. The Mountaineers have won back-to-back meetings against Gardner-Webb, in 2010-11 and 2011-12.
SCOUTING THE RUNNIN' BULLDOGS
• Gardner-Webb travels to the Holmes Center following a 59-44 loss to UNC-Greensboro, who currently rank seventh in the Southern conference.
• Gardner-Webb plays in the NCAA Division I Big South Conference.
• Head Coach Rick Reeves in 125-126 in his ninth season at Gardner-Webb.
• GWU returns its two leading scoreers from last season, Catrina Green and Jasmine Dale.
• The two schools have met a total of five times previously, with Gardner-Webb leading the series 3-2.
• The Mountaineers won back-to-back matchups against the Runnin' Bulldogs. The Mountaineers won 69-41 in 2010 and picked up a 98-6 victory the year before.
• Appalachian State travels to East Carolina University to compete in the ECU Pirate Invitational Thanksgiving Tournament. where they will face Campbell (11/24) and Norfolk State (11/25)
• The Mountaineers do not return home until December 3, when they meet up against SoCon rival Georgia Southern.