|Tailgate and Parking Info||Tailgater of the Game|
|Parking and Tailgate Map
(click to enlarge)
DUCK POND FIELD
• Exclusive home for tailgating for ASU Student clubs and organizations• ALL student organizations are eligible to register for a tailgate spot by contacting the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership or by returning this form.
• Student Tailgate area opens at Noon each gameday. Organizations must follow all posted tailgate regulations when setting up and tearing down tailgate areas.
• Office of Student Programs presents a DJ each week, playing a variety of music to help set the gameday atmosphere.
• Located on Bodenheimer Dr.
• Opens on gamedays at 9 a.m.
• For Yosef Club Members and students with permit (assigned spaces).
FAMILY FUN ZONE
• The Family Fun Zone is an alcohol free tailgate area located at Mountaineer Village. Mountaineer families are encouraged to visit the family fun zone on the site of the first ever football field on Appalachian's campus. This area features fun activities for mountaineers "in training" and offers a wide open space for families to enjoy the gameday experience.
RALEY / DUNCAN / MUSIC LOTS
• Located on Rivers Street, opens on gamedays at 9 a.m.
• Parking is restricted to students/Yosef Club members with the proper hang tag.
• Easy access to cross the street through Duncan Hall tunnel.
• Special considerations will be provided for those who have Saturday class in Duncan Hall in order to allow proper access.
• Due to university construction, donors displaced from Duncan lot are placed in Music Lot by their rank. If you have questions about your Yosef donor assignment, please contact the Yosef Club at (828) 262-3108 for more information.
• Located at corner of Stadium Drive and Rivers Street.
• Serves as a great location for corporate/campus organization tailgating and hospitality with several plots that can accommodate large groups of up to 100 people. Space can be reserved by contacting Samantha Stevens, assistant A.D. for marketing and licensing, at (828) 262-6554.
STADIUM AND JUSTICE LOTS
• Parking opens at 9 a.m. on gamedays.
• Open to Yosef Club members with appropriate hang-tag.
• Areas feature numbered spaces assigned by the Yosef Club Office.
• Handicapped parking for Golden Mountaineer-level+ members available in these areas on first-come, first-served basis.
• First come-first served to students and general public.
- Stadium Lot: $2,500 Level and Above
- Justice/CAP Lot: $1,500 Level
- Duncan Lot: $1,500 Level
- Raley Lot: $1,500 Level
- Student Rec Center (SRC): $1,500/$1,000 Levels
- Greenwood: $1,000 Level
- University Drive: Young Alumni Program Members
- Rivers Street Parking Deck: $500/$250 Festival Parking
- Library Parking Deck: $250 Festival Parking
- JET LOT: Yosef Special Guests
- Legends Lot: Young Alumni Program Members
- Rivers St. will open for students Friday night for them to move their cars from numbered preferred lots. Saturday will be first come first serve
Yosef Members at the $1,000 level and above are guaranteed a
numbered reserved space in the designated lot for each annual giving
level and assigned based on your rank within the Athletic Points
System. Members at the $500 and $250 membership levels will receive
festival parking privileges in either Rivers Street Parking Deck or the
Library Parking deck. Parking permit assignments for these parking
decks will be based upon giving level and point rank as well. Festival
Parking permit holders will be assigned one of the two decks to park
in for the season. We recommend you arrive early to obtain the best
parking space in your assigned parking deck.
RV Parking (Correction):
Due to the Greenwood lot now being a Yosef Member lot for $1,000 members, there will be no RV Parking in this lot for the general public.
Handicapped Parking for patrons with valid state-issued disability parking tag, is provided at the Holmes Convocation Center for each game. Shuttles are provided from this location to the stadium for our patrons with disabilities and their families and/or caregivers. Early arrival is recommended. For more information on handicapped parking, please visit www.TailgateattheRock.com.
AppalCART provides an extension of many of their normal routes on gameday to accommodate traffic concerns affecting the entire Boone area. Fans arriving are encouraged to locate an AppalCART stop for an easy ride to the game. For route information, visit www.appalcart.appstate.edu.
Public parking is limited on campus on game days. Fans are encouraged to arrive early. Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Public lots can be located on the exterior of ca mpus, in the town limits and county lots. A quick and efficient way for the general public to access games will be through the AppalCart Transit System. Visit www.appalcart.appstate.edu for game day schedules. Most on campus parking is reserved for Yosef members and students. For more information on how to join the Yosef Club, please call 828.262.3108.
Postgame egress for fans and cars coming from the lots around Kidd Brewer Stadium was modified for the 2011 season to expidite exiting from KBS lots.
• Postgame traffic on Stadium Drive will be two-lane egress to Rivers Street. There will not be vehicle access up Stadium Drive (from Rivers Street) from the end of the game until up to — but not limited to — 30 minutes after the end of the game to aid in easier traffic flow out of the Stadium lots.
• Vehicles in the left lane coming from the stadium will ONLY be permitted to make a left turn at the corner of Stadium Drive and Rivers Street while vehicles in the right lane will ONLY be permitted to make a right turn. This will be strictly enforced to ensure an efficient exit from all parking lots accessed from Stadium Drive. Please see the map to the right for more details (click on map to enlarge).
• When the game has completed, NC Highway Patrol and ASU Parking and Traffic will hold all the traffic from the lots on Stadium Drive to allow the majority of the pedestrian traffic to clear the stadium area safely without moving vehicles out of the lots.
• After 15 minutes, the NC Highway Patrol will clear stadium drive of all pedestrians and then open all lots around the stadium for vehicle egress.
• The reasons for holding the vehicles in lots around the stadium are two-fold: First, holding the vehicles in the lots will allow the pedestrian traffic to clear the lots and areas around the stadium, which reduces the risk of car and pedestrian accidents. Secondly, there is a strong feeling that this will expedite traffic flow out of the Stadium lots once the significantly reduced. This is an approach used successfully at NASCAR events and other venues.
• Like it does for many other projects and initiatives, ASU athletics will conduct a review of traffic, pedestrian and other game day issues after each game and adjust accordingly. Traffic will be stopped up to 15 minutes postgame. Please take this opportunity to grab a sandwich and enjoy your tailgating spot and your fellow Yosef members and listen to the "Skyline/Skybest 5th Quarter" postgame show with David Jackson and crew on 97.3 FM or AM 1450.